Monday, November 22, 2010

台中

This past month has been really, really great. I'm so happy because I can finally have decent easy conversations with people. Now when I go to night markets and people randomly talk to me, I can actually talk to them and tell them why I'm here in Taiwan, where I'm from, and what school I go to. I always get really excited when I understand what people say to me because for so long it all sounded like "fjdakfhdjaljfdkhfkdjfaiew".

Two weeks ago all of the exchange students in district 3460 went to a town called Miauli, to go to a rice farm. We learned how the rice was grown, and we walked around in the fields for a while. It was pretttyyyy gross, because there was about a foot of mud, but it was also really fun :)

School's been pretty much the same, easy and fun. Next week the students have exams for three days, so we don't have to go to school. Instead, we're going to go to Tainan, a city south of Taichung. I'm really excited, because it's the first city I'm going to go to for more than one day that's out of my district.

One thing I'm pretty bummed about is that there's school on Christmas :( I haven't been homesick at all, yet, but I'm sure that during Christmas I'm going to be missing everyone SO much. But, in February, we have two weeks off because of Chinese New Year! I'm excited to experience this new holiday, it seems awesome.

Also, I've been really missing snow, but it's also super nice to have a decent "summer". (I say "summer" because it's winter here, but the weather is way nicer than Alaska's summer was). It's actually a lot more sunny now than it was in the summer, and I go outside a lot, even though most people are freezing. I know how to use the bus system now. For the first two months I was so confused by it, and I never took busses. It's ok now, though.

So that's all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment