Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Restart

It's been around forever since I last wrote on this thing, so I'm not going to try to remember everything that's happened over the last three or so months, I'm just going to give a few highlights.

Hmmm...on New Years Eve (Not Chinese New Year) all of the exchange students went to Taipei to see Taipei 101 explode with fireworks! It was probably the coolest firework display I have EVER seen. Here's a picture (I didn't take it because I was a little stupid and forgot my camera battery at home):

Alright, other cool things I've done...

Oh! I just got off a month long break, due to Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is the beginning of the next year according to the Lunar calendar. This year is the year of the Rabbit, so all the night markets had tons of rabbit printed sweatshirts and everything. To celebrate the Chinese New Year, everyone burns this special money (ITS NOT USABLE MONEY I SWEAR) to give to the gods, firecrackers explode EVERYWHERE at ANY TIME (the first time I heard them I thought I was getting shot at) and everyone goes to the temples to burn insense, and also burn at least 2000 lbs of god money.



God money




Last weekend, my Rotary club had a fashion show featuring some of the girl exchange students dressed in their traditional clothes. I was in it, but since America doesn't really have a traditional outfit, I had to choose between either renting a cheerleader outfit, or a Native American head dress. I chose the head dress.



School started back up last week. I can't say that I like school that much, because I'm there 50 hours a week. I got a new Chinese teacher, though, and she's so cool! I'm learning a lot from her, she's a really good teacher. My classes for this semester are pretty much the same thing, just moved around a little. Alright, that's all for now! I PROMISE to update this more!

No comments:

Post a Comment